STATUTES OF THE EVANGELICAL ASSOCIATION “NUEVA VIDA”
BRAND, GOAL, ADDRESS AND FIELD:
Article 1. With the branding of Evangelical Association "Nueva Vida", located in Bajada de la Encina St, number 6, street floor, in Santander, Cantabria, with CP 39005, we constitute an entity according to the Organic Law 1/2002, passed the 22nd of March, with full capacity to operate as a lawful institution, and without profit purposes.
Article 2. This Association is constituted without a defined lifespan.
Article 3. The existence of the Association has the following goals:
- To promote social inclusion of marginalized communities of our society (including prison inmates, former prison inmates, drug-addicted citizens, HIV patients)
This mission, which shares a Christian spirit, has in itself a social and human content, since it is all about returning to society members of it who have been pushed to its outskirts due to their situation.
- To help people or groups of people who suffer from poverty, margination, illness or dependency, without making any difference regarding sex, age, ethnicity, nationality, religious or political beliefs.
Such help will be offered in a human and integral manner, not only meeting material needs but any kind of needs: studies-related, psychological, spiritual, administrative and occupational
- To carry out prevention duties, especially among those communities which are more susceptible to become victims of poverty and/or marginalized environments.
- To promote return to full civil lifestyle of the people who receive our help, supporting them to overcome the reasons which caused their situations.
- The main goal of this entity is also to develop, manage, and promote international cooperation for projects created or managed by evangelical prodestant organisms and institutions.
- To promote and develop actions of awareness and cooperation in our región.
- To carry out training, assistance and preventive actions in order to promote equality between men and women.
- Work against gender violence in any of its forms including Human Trafficking and Smuggling with Sexual Exploitation Goals, which we consider another form of gender violence.
- To promote, create and develop alternative ways of free time use, for communities in social exclusion situations.
- To carry out mediation initiatives in all fields, particularly in the prison environment, community environment, family, intercultural and education fields.
- To provide integral assistance for children in social risk and victims of Human Trafficking and Smuggling with Sexual Exploitation Goals.
Article 4 . In order to carry out such goals we take charge of the following actions:
- To provide required goods in order to overcome poverty situations (food, clothes, medicines, sheltering, furniture).
- To assist and provide information for people in need about resources for them both in private entities and public services, channeling ways to overcome their situations with said initiatives if it was required.
- To provide healthcare and psychological assistance if required empowering human support and assistance for all those who demand it in this field.
- To organize alternative activities that can make a contribution towards social readaptation of people affected by poverty or other circumstances.
- To organize the following Projects either by our own mean or in cooperation with other institutions:
- Prevention Projects, both aimed at the whole society as at specific communities in risk.
- Information and social awareness Projects promoting in citizens their cooperation to solve problems related to poverty and social exclusion.
- Projects related to prison social action, as well as community, family, intercultural and educative mediation.
- To acquire human, material, and financial resources required for the developing of the Association´s activities.
- To empower the good-willed activity of volunteers, boosting at the same time their permanent learning. The Association will also hire professionals required for their activities according to current laws.
- To cooperate with Public Administrations and with private entities in developing Projects of social interest and development cooperation. In order to achieve such goals, the Association will sign agreements with said institutions as it sees fit.
- To take part and organize activities in order to assist and protect children with special situations of social vulnerability, particularly those affected by HTS and/or SEG.
Article 5 . The association will have its address in Bajada de la Encina, number 6, Santander, Cantabria, CP 39005 and its territorial action field in the región of Cantabria.
Article 6 . The Association will be managed and represented by a Directive Board formed by: a President, an Executive Secretary, an Act Secretary, a Treasurer and more than two spokespersons. All these positions have no salary return assigned and will be designed by the General Extraordinary Assembly, having a two year term to perform their duty.
Article 7 . All the positions can be ceased because of written renounce, transmitted to the Directive Board, because of the incapacity to perform their roles or because of the end of the assigned term.
Article 8. The members of the Directive Board who have finished the term which they were elected for, will continue in their position until the formal term of those named to substitute them starts.
Article 9 . The Directive Board will meet as many times as its President deems it and/or by petition of the 60% of its members. It will be constituted when half plus one of its members assist to the meeting and all agreements shall be made by majority system. In case of a draw the vote of the President is the qualified one.
Article 10. Roles of the Directive Board:
The role of the Directive Board will be extended as a general rule to all the acts assigned to the Association´s goals, as long as they do not require autorization from the General Assembly.
The Directive Board´s roles are the following:
- To direct social activities and economic management of the Association, agreeing on contract and agreement management.
- Execute the agreements taken in the General Assembly.
- To generate and submit to the General Assembly all financial results and accountability each year.
- Resolve the admission of new associates.
- Name delegates for defined activities in the Association.
- Any other task that is not of the general competency of the General Associates Assembly.
Article 11. The President will take charge of the following roles: Legal representation of the Association, set and oversee the General Assembly and the Directive Board, and direct the deliberations of both, order payment and sign all documents as well as adopt any urgent measures
Article 12. The Executive Secretary will substitute the President in case of absence, illness or empty role, being able to fix meetings of the General Assembly within an hour of time. y autorizar con su firma los documentos, actas y correspondencia; adoptar cualquier medida urgente que la buena marcha de la Asociación aconseje o en el desarrollo de sus actividades resulte necesaria o conveniente, sin perjuicio de dar cuenta posteriormente a la junta Directiva.
The Executive Secretary will in those periods take charge of the following roles: Legal representation of the Association, set and oversee the General Assembly and the Directive Board, and direct the deliberations of both, order payment and signal documents as well as adopt any urgent measures
Article 13. The Act Secretary will take charge of writing down any acts regarding meetings of the Directive Board and the General Assembly, always under the watch of the President and the Executive Secretary.
Article 14 . The Treasurer will gather and watch over the financial funds of the Association and will allow any payments ordered by the President.
Article 15. The Spokespersons will share their role as members of the Directive Board with the ones that come from the orders of the Directive Board itself.
Article 16 . Holidays during any of the members of the Directive Board will be covered between the other members of the Board until an ultímate election is made in General Assembly.
Article 17. The General Assembly is the organism which makes all decisions regarding the fundamental funcioning of the NGO.
Article 18. The meetings of the General Assembly are both ordinary and extraordinary. The ordinary meeting will take place once a year in the four months before the end of the annual exercise. The extraordinary meetings will take place when circumstances demand it, or when the Directive Board chooses to recommend it.
Article 19 . The scheduling of the General Assembly will be written expressing the place, the time and the date of the meeting as well as the matters to be worked on. Between the scheduling and the meeting date there must be at least fifteen days, being possible to schedule a second meeting if the first one was unable to take place.
Article 20. General Assembly, both ordinary and extraordinary will be valid as long as a third of the associates are present, and in the second meeting as long as any associates with right to vote are present. Agreements will be made through simple majority in voting.
A qualified majority will be required in order to approve the following measures:
- Naming or changing of the President or the Directive Board.
- Agreement in order to constitute a Federation or integrate in one.
- Dispositions regarding any passive actives of the entity.
- Statutes modifications
- Any other that is not exclusive of the Extraordinary General Assembly.
Article 21 . The roles of the General Assembly are the following ones:
- Overwatch the management of the Directive Board
- Examinate and approve the annual accountability report.
- Approve or reject any Directive Board proposals regarding the activities of the Association.
- Set the economic contributions as it sees fit.
- Any other that is not exclusive of the Extraordinary General Assembly.
Article 22 . The roles of the Extraordinary General Assembly are the following ones:
- Naming of the members of the Directive Board
- Modification of the statutes of the Association.
- Cease of activity of the NGO
- Associates firing under the proposal of the Directive Board
- Constitution of Federation or integration in any of them.
- Agreeing the economic assignations of any members of the Association.
Article 23. Podrán pertenecer a la Asociación aquellas personas con capacidad de obrar que tengan interés en el desarrollo de los fines de la Asociación.
Article 24 Dentro de la Asociación existirán las siguientes clases de socios:
- Founding associates, those who participated in the foundation of the Association itself.
- Number associates, those who joined the Association after its foundation.
- Honour associates, those that by prestige or a decisive contribution to the development of the Association are rewarded with this recognition. The naming of these associates will correspond to the Directive Board or the General Assembly.
Article 25 . Associates can cease in their condition because of the following reasons:
- By written renounce, communicated to the Directive Board.
- By cease because of failing to comply with economic obligations.
Article 26. Number associates and founding associates will have the following rights:
- Right to participate in all activities organized by the Association in order to accomplish its goals.
- Enjoy all advantages that by membership of the Association correspond to them.
- Participate in the Assembly with voice and vote.
- Being eligible and electors for any charges.
- Keep informed of any agreements made by the Association in its organs.
- Be heard by the Directive Board before any sanctions are decided against him/her
- Oppose to any social agreements that are against the Law or these Statutes.
Article 27. Founding and Number Associates receive the following obligations according to their status:
- Address to these Statutes and all valid agreements of the Assembly and the Directive Board.
- Manage all economic obligations with the association related to their membership.
- Be present in Assembly and any other activities where they are summoned.
- Obbey, in its case, all inherent obligations to the position they occupy.
Article 28 . The Honour Associates share same obligations with Founding and Number Associates with the exception of those located in sections b) and d) of the previous article.
Moreover, they also share the same rights with them with the exception of those located in sections c) and d) in article 26, being able to be present in Assembly without the right to vote.
FINANCIAL REGIME, ACCOUNTABILITY AND DOCUMENT REGISTER
Article 29. The economic resources that the Association destines to the development of its goals and activities are the following:
- Economic obligations paid by the Associates
- Public aids, lends, or any funds received in a legal manner from the associates or third parties.
- Any other legal way to find financial resources.
Article 30 . The Association does not have at the momento of its constitution a Social treasure.
Article 31. The Associative exercise will be annually considered and its close will happen the 31st of December of each year.
CEASE OF ACTIVITY
Article 32 . The Association will cease its activity if that is the agreement from the Extraordinary General Assembly, summoned for this reason, and by a majority of 2/3 of the Associates.
Article 33 . In the case of a cease of activity, a liquidation commission will be tasked with facing any debts and if there was any extra budget will be destined to any social goals that do not present a profit purpose.
All matters that are not regulated in these Statutes will be solved according to the Organic Law 1/2002, passed the 22nd of March, regarding the Right to Association, and all its complementary dispositions.
Mrs Beatriz García Justamente, Executive Secretary of the Evangelical Association “Nueva Vida” CERTIFIES: That present Statutes have been modified according to the Organic Law 1/2002, passed the 22nd of March, by agreement of the Extraordinary General Assembly on the 29th of January 2018 and are signed in all the sheets that compose them.
Secretaria Ejecutiva Presidente
Beatriz García Justamente Julio García Celorio